Sunday, October 18, 2009

Finally I'm Blogging

After years of thinking about publishing a blog, I am finally here. A friend of mine inspired me to take this leap after consulting with me about her own idea for a blog. I said to her: "there is no risk." Strangely enough, after all the time I spent considering the idea, it boiled down to these simple words. So, I decided to take my own advice.

I have had the opportunity to share with a number of people recently, that I am more convinced than ever that our relationship to money is a window into our soul.
Not how much money we have or don't have, but our relationship to money. What are your anxieties about money? How do you feel if you have little money? How do you treat others when you are wealthy? Does the God you worship want you to have money? There are a multitude of questions to ask. If we are willing to take the risk of exploring our relationship to money, we will find deep insights into our relationships with the Divine, our selves, others and the world.

Have you noticed how you never know a person's financial situation until you become extremely intimate with them? Secrets tend to become major roadblocks to us as we walk along our path. My hope that this blog becomes a way for each of us to explore our own relationship to money and air our "dirty laundry" so that we have more freedom on our spiritual journeys.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment